From Hollywood to Malibu, join the pitaya craze and try this super healthy and delicious smoothie bowl for your next breakfast.
Pitaya is a form of dragon fruit, it’s loaded with antioxidants and nutritions, and has quickly become a favorite among health-food junkies. I normally have oatmeal, berries, fish or omelets for breakfast, but recently I’ve fallen more and more in love with pitaya smoothie bowls.
For the smoothie
- 1 cup chopped frozen mango
- 1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
- 1 packet of frozen pitaya (dragon fruit) puree
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (or other green)
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 scoop Tropical Tango Vega Protein Smoothie Powder
For the bowl
- granola (I use raw or gluten-free granola)
- chopped fresh fruit of choice: strawberries, banana, kiwi, mango, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
Combine the smoothie ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour about 1/4 cup of granola into the serving bowl. Top with the smoothie. Top with more granola and fresh fruit of choice. Serve immediately. Enjoy!